Monday, August 25, 2008

We laughed and laughed!

Hello to those who read this nonsense stuff. How are you all?

Well, Sunday morning I was looking in the mirror (ugh) and complaining about my ever-increasing wrinkles. I said, loudly, well, sort of loudly, "I'm soooo ugly. Man, these wrinkles just keep getting deeper." Grandpa heard me and said, "You're not ugly. You're better than ugly." Oh, how we laughed...Aunt Jana and I. What a kick. I don't know what "better than ugly" means, but it's better than ugly. ha ha ha ha. Come smile. That was funny. You know, since Nikki left, I have to pluck the 'chin hairs' myself. Revolting look into the magnifying mirror.

By the way, Nikki, everyone asks about you. They miss you, but they are happy for you.

Our ward had a luau Saturday evening. Very good turn-out. Good food - two roasted pigs (sad to see their faces there), lots of fruit and rice, potato salad, teriaki and curry chicken. Plenty of food. For dessert - triffle. Very nice.

Aunt Debbie came over with Jamie's son, Daniel, Friday afternoon. Oh, yeah, that was quite a day. I got a call in the morning saying that the men were coming to put in the new windows. Oh, no. I didn't know anything about them coming. I was on my way to take Grandpa to the doctor. I wasn't ready. I couldn't let them in grandpa's room without vacuuming it!!!! The girl in the office had called a week earlier but grandpa took the call and forgot to tell me about it. Anyway, I let them come at noon. That gave me an hour (after the dr. appt) to move the bed and vacuum. What a mess. Oh, well, it's done now. But -- the dust bunnies had made a whole town under his bed. Whew. Bad, bad, bad.

Our choir sang at church yesterday and one of the ladies I visit, told me that it was the best she's ever heard the choir do. She complimented me on my playing, also. I DO think I get better as I do more. It's good for me, and I don't miss the "singing" as much as I thought I would. Music is music, I guess.

I've been taking Aunt Bev to her doctor appointments lately. We laugh a lot and I don't contend with her. It's easier for me to just keep quiet. But, the funny thing I noticed, was that her skin is sooooo pink! And mine is sooooo yellow and green! We laughed together on that one. We are so much alike in our food choices and our sense of humor, but different in other ways. I wish she could go shopping and have lunch occasionally. We did stop for a milkshake, though, the last time I took her. That was nice. Hey, she even paid for it. How great was that?!

Guess I'll get started with some indexing. Haven't done any today. I like doing it in the morning so I won't have to think about it the rest of the day.

Aunt Jana and Uncle Rich are moving, for sure, to Grass Valley. They are having their records moved to the Grass Valley Ward. If she gets work down here, then we'll worry about that later. I love you all. I'm proud of your accomplishments and endeavors. Life isn't easy, but we just have to keep working toward our goals.

I don't know if I mentioned my injured toe. I was moving my big recliner chair and it caught my big toe nail. It was lifted right off the nail bed - attached only at the cuticle. It's black, but doesn't hurt. I think it doen't hurt because blood isn't trapped under the nail. It can ooze out.
The doctor checked it when I was there for grandpa, and he just stated that I would lose the nail. I already knew that!

Well, bye for now. Love you.
Granny

2 comments:

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

I'm sorry to hear about your toe that sounds like it really hurts! I love hearing about your day and all the things that go on. I love you sooo much and I miss you too. What would you like me to do with the finished temple names? and speaking on that I would like to get an updated geneology copy from you....How should we go about that? Love you

mamazita said...

I love your stories!!!!!! I am also very glad you had your windows replaced. Hopefully you will have less spiders! ahh. I think you are better than ugly too. lol