Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday, Aug 2 2008

Hi to all,

Grandpa's 80th birthday party was a success! Thanks to everyone who helped and attended. At the time, I don't think he really realized that the party was for him. But when I asked him about it today, he said he remembered it and that it was at the meetinghouse.

Yesterday was a bad day for Grandpa. He was very weak and slept much of the day. He slept through the sales pitch of the window man. Yes, I am going to replace the rest of the windows. I'm not happy about spending money, but it will feel good to have them done.

I still haven't gotten the half-bath made over, but it shouldn't be too long. However, while Ron and his family were here (the second time) they got a lot done. A dishwashed and garbage disposal are now installed in Aunt Alice's house (Taylor & Sam); Heather put handles on all of the kitchen cabinet drawers and doors in my house; Aaron worked on the sprinklers; Ron helped in the garage, making room for a work area. Also, the drill press I purchased a while back (quite a while) is now put together. I started it, but the boys finished it. That was good. Thanks to all. And you know what --- I never would have been able to cook for a huge crowd without Heather's help. She really knows her stuff. ha ha

Everyone pitched in to clean Aunt Alice's house before leaving to go home. I called the guy who has been cleaning my carpets for years, and I guess they went out of business. Now, who do I call? I hate training someone new. It's like getting a new doctor -- you have to train them all over.

Since everyone left, I am lonesome. I don't have anyone running in and out of the house!!! When I go next door, it's all empty and quiet. What a bummer!!!! Stephanie has asked about renting the small house. Maybe what I ought to do is move over there and rent this one out. Jana and Rich still don't know what they are going to do. She is looking for work down here. I imagine with the postal system still.

I'm not feeling very funny today. Rats! Guess you won't be intertained this time. I DO remember the first time I met Grandpa's family. It was in Jackson, MS. When I was introduced to Uncle George, I put forth my hand to shake his, but he gave me a hug, instead, and kissed me on the cheek. So...... when I was introduced to Uncle John, I didn't offer my hand because I knew that he would give me a hug, also. Hey! You're getting ahead of the story. No, he didn't offer his hand (fooled you, huh?). He stepped forward to give me a hug, but when he did, he stepped on my foot and didn't realize it. So, he hugged me, gave a kiss, and talked with me a little all while standing on my foot. Funny, huh? In his defense, we were on the lawn, which was soft, and he didn't feel my foot under his foot. But, it's a funny story and I grin when I think of it. Uncle John was the only other one married at the time, and he and Aunt Bettye had one daughter, Marguerite. I think she was about five years at the time. She called me Aunt Flo. Of course, the term "Aunt" was pronounced "aynt" - long A sound. She was a cutie and her hair was super curly, with ringlets (like pincurls) all over her head.

Had another funny dream. It had something to do with Nikki and Hannah Montana. I laughed when I woke up. What was Hannah Montana doing in my dream? ha ha

Well, have a good day. Love you all.

1 comment:

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

Granny you are such a good sport to do this blogging thing. I love you so much and I laughed so hard at your stories. I enjoy them soooo much and I'm looking forward to getting to know them more personally in the near future. Thanks for being my guinea pig! I love you so much and I'm sorry I can't tell you why Hannah Montana was in your dream. LOL I'll leave that for the shrinks.