Monday, November 16, 2009

Befuddled

It's that time of year when rhyme bugs get busy.
They get in my brain, and make me feel dizzy.
I thought about ceasing the rhyme and the riddle,
'Cause I spend lots of money, but you get so little.
And, our fam'ly keeps growing, that's not just a line,
We added seven babies in 2009!

Life gets so frantic. Oh, what shall I do?
I want to do something and not disappoint you.
But I'm undecided, not sure of the course.
If I cease doing rhymes, will I feel great remorse?
I have several boxes filled with some toys,
That I'd like to give to the good girls and boys.

So, I'll give it deep thought, and I'll ponder some more,
Then you'll be surprised as to what lies in store.
Now, if I get rid of the gifts in those boxes
Like clothing and toys and books about foxes,
I'll need to stop shopping, and just sit and sigh,
Or more boxes will fill, as time passes by.

Love to all, Granny

2 comments:

Jill said...

Granny, I'm so happy to see you blogging again.
I would give you a star, an A+, or rate you a 10!
Your rhyming has made me happy today.
Let's schedule a girl day to play!

Love you lots. Big hugs and kisses.

Jilly

mamazita said...

I am happy you are blogging again also!!!! Thanks for the great poem. I really needed someone to brighten my because the baby is pretty sick and driving me crazy.
I will check in more often now!